Photography Tours Bruce Peninsula Boat Tours
THANKS FOR JOINING US IN 2020!
With high wind forecast for the next week, we have decided it is time to wrap up our 2020 boat tour season! THANK YOU to all those who joined us in 2020! We are now closed for the season.
TOURING IN THE MIDST OF A PANDEMIC
The picture to the left was taken in the spring when we were testing our ‘moves’ for the 2020 season… if it ever happened! After an initial start and stop, we spent a lot of time thinking, swimming, and watching our beautiful grandchildren turn into little Lake Huron fishies. We counted our blessings and dreamed a little more about our golden years. However, not quite ready to go there yet, we carefully resumed touring on August 1st after all.
Our 2020 season involved departing from one location instead of 2. (Oliphant departures only, our Sauble location was closed this year). We had one boat in the water instead of 4, and we offered Private Tours only. Our staff and guests wore masks, we did our best to maintain physical distance and we cleaned carefully between private groups. We wanted to do everything we could to ensure our business would not contribute to the spread of the virus and our staff and family were safe.
THANK YOU TO OUR STAFF
We would like to sincerely thank our staff. Kathy Marshall, was in the office when we needed her most, and we really appreciated it! Michael McMillan, Tour Guide, helped us with some of our initial tours and happily came aboard again when we needed help! Todd Fetter, it was a pleasure to have you join the team on August 1st, and we thank you for providing a great touring experience for our guests.
THANK YOU TO YOU, OUR GUESTS!
We are so grateful for the trust you placed in us to provide a safe experience for you in 2020. Your kindness and positivity gave us faith that Canadians will always look after each other, in difficult times.
Enjoy the rest of the autumn season and have a wonderful winter!
WANT TO SPEND YOUR DAYS ON THE WATER?
We’ve had a lot of fun, but it really is time for us to think about putting our feet up, more! If you have a passion for Lake Huron and could see yourself at the helm of our tour boat business, give us a call. Our business is for sale. We know from our 2020 season, that there is a future for the tour business during the course of the pandemic. People are seeking out these small-group, private opportunities to get out and enjoy nature with their family or close friends, in a safe way.
EXPLORE OUR NEW ONLINE SHOP
ENJOY THE MANY GIFTS OF THE BRUCE BY CLICKING ON ONE OF THE IMAGES BELOW, OR VISITING OUR ONLINE STORE
Staying Upwind of Covid-19!
WHEN IT IS SAFE TO BE TOGETHER AGAIN, WE’LL BE READY!
This photo to the left shows the beautiful smiles of our loved ones, including family and friends. We can’t wait to see them, and you aboard our boats, once again!
At this time of the year we are usually putting boats in the water, hiring and training staff, working up new stories and experiences to share and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.
Enter COVID-19, with many unknowns!
However, there are some important details affecting our operations, that we do know:
- In South Bruce Peninsula all of our trails, beaches, marinas, docks and boat launches are presently closed.
- Mandatory closure of non-essential workplaces.
- People must avoid gatherings of more than 5 people.
- Ontario has declared a Restricted Fire Zone for the entire fire region of the province (Restricted Fire Zones 1 to 36) which includes the Bruce Peninsula
- Seasonal residents have been asked to remain at their home address near their own doctor, and avoid coming to the Bruce due to concern about the inability for our rural medical system and essential services to handle any increase in population at this time of the year.
- Many Bruce Peninsula accommodators will not be providing short-term rental accommodation in spring months. (UPDATE: Short-term rentals have been banned. – April 7/20)
- There is enforcement of by-laws that have been put in place to prevent the spread of the virus in our municipality.
- If we all follow the provincial guidelines and STAY HOME now, there is a greater chance that we will all be able to enjoy some of the summer of 2020. Only time will tell!
You can learn more about our local response on the Town of South Bruce Peninsula website.
When this is over we will be so happy to spend time with the people we are missing right now, and we expect you will want to spend time with your people, too! When it is safe to do so, we look forward to welcoming you back and helping you shake off these months of self-isolation!
Our present operations:
- Operations that can continue:
- Odd jobs at cottages that are still vacant so you can be assured your spring routines are being handled, and so we can remain physically distanced from others
- Operations presently on hold:
- boat tours
- Sauble Beach Main Street reservation location
- short term rental accommodations are on hold until June 20th, to be altered as is recommended by authorities
- Our decision and timing of startup of above, will be determined by:
- municipal and provincial guidelines in place to protect the residents of Ontario and our community
- health and safety of our staff, and our guests
- When full operations resume:
- We will follow public health guidelines for business operators to prevent the spread of Covid-19 on our boats, when operations resume.
- Our private, small-group experiences will be highlighted when operations can safely resume, as we believe our guests will appreciate the reduced risk inherent in these situations.
- Our customers can continue to book our tours online during this time. We would recommend booking July – October. If we can open earlier, you’ll be the first to know!
- If you would like a refund for an existing reservation or outstanding Gift Certificates, please contact us at 519-372-6309 and leave a message or email TheStewarts@brucepeninsulaboattours.com.
- Our very liberal refund policy will continue to apply. (You can cancel up to 24 hours before a tour and receive a full refund. Cancellation within 24 hours of departure, receive a 90% refund.)
- In addition to our weather related safety cancellation policy, we are adding the right to cancel and provide a full-refund if we cannot resume operations for health and safety reasons related to this pandemic.
- If restrictions remain in place throughout the 2020 season and we are unable to resume operations, all outstanding Gift Certificates, Gift Cards and reservations will be refunded.
Keeping our Community Healthy and Strong
The Bruce Peninsula Community Food Bank is in immediate need of support. We personally support this organization and volunteer our time with the Rotary Club of Wiarton who also support this organization. With major community fundraisers cancelled and a variety of donations at risk the supplies at our food bank may be dangerously reduced. If you love the Bruce Peninsula and would like to support our community, please consider donating to the Bruce Peninsula Community Food Bank. You can find more information about how to do this, here.
Thank you to our valued customers for your continued support. Your inquiries, planned return visits and recommendations of our tours is very appreciated.
As business owners and partners in life, we have a great deal to be grateful for. Our business is a second chapter for us, that we never expected, and thoroughly enjoy. We are healthy, our children and grandchildren are healthy and safe. (But we are really missing them right now!) We have a lovely home, in a beautiful place with all the conveniences anyone could ever want or need while in isolation, and we have each other.
As we think about those in countries that do not have the government and infrastructure we are privileged to have here in Canada, the migration of workers across countries that have gone into immediate lockdown, the people in Canada and the world that may live in perilous conditions already, our hearts break. Be kind, be generous, be thankful. We’ll get through this, and we suspect there will be some unexpected gifts, in the midst the unusual situation we all find ourselves in today.
We’re Hiring for the 2020 Boat Tour Season!
JOIN THE BRUCE PENINSULA BOAT TOUR TEAM!
What could be better than spending your summer on or near the Fishing Islands of Lake Huron or on the Sauble River! We will be hiring skilled, personable and enthusiastic staff for the 2020 tour boat season to work in both our Sauble Beach and Oliphant locations.
Boat Tour Operator/Guides
Reservation Agent and Social Media Person
Staff Pick for a Memory Maker: A Gift Card for a Snorkeling Adventure!
A Gift Card for a Snorkeling Adventure!
Gift cards are a great way to make a plan, to make more memories together.
Some of our best memories from last summer, was taking entire extended families our for a snorkeling tour: Grandma/grandpa, parents, grandkids and a few extra aunties and uncles in the mix. These were great days for us, because our guests had such a wonderful time! (You really can’t beat this job!)
We know that the organization of these special family days for our guests, can be somewhat like herding cats (or fish), but from what we can see, when you finally have everyone in your group rounded up, it turns into a wonderful day on the water with your family!
We provide the mask, snorkel, and fins and we have snorkel guides on board to help you feel comfortable and stay safe.
Why not gift a memory maker this Christmas, instead of stuff?