Onboard Sketching and Riverbank Watercolours with Sue Allison (The Sauble River)
Join us for a Sauble River on-board sketching experience and follow-up up plein-air watercolour session! This event will take place in Sauble Beach with Sue Allison and Bruce Peninsula Boat Tours this autumn.
Sue is a well-known Owen Sound area artist. Her paintings often portray our mystical and magical wetlands and the notable heritage buildings of Grey and Bruce Counties.
Onboard Sketching and Riverbank Watercolours with Sue Allison is a 4-hour event and will include:
- Sketching, on the Sauble River with Bruce Peninsula Boat Tours. ( 1.5 hours onboard our comfortable 12-passenger pontoon boats, we meander up the river and study techniques for river and riverbank images.)
- A warm and hearty lunch provided by Luscious Bakery Deli Cafe on 2nd Avenue in Sauble Beach.
- Plein-air painting with watercolours on the streets, shores, or dunes of Sauble Beach as the day’s weather and light conditions suggest.
Sue is an Honours graduate of the Ontario College of art (1971), specializing in Communications and Design with special interest in Fine Art. Her time working for the Ministry of Natural Resources as an Exhibit Designer began her career of working closely with biologists and naturalists, and developed a deep appreciation for the environment here. You can find her work at the Owen Sound Artists Co-op and and in collections around the world. She is presently engaged at the Co-Op’s Workshop and the Southampton Art School, teaching watercolour and oils.
ONE DATE ONLY!
9:30 AM Saturday, October 5 (Poor Weather Date – Sunday, October 6th)
(Note: There are two sessions in our the Fishing Islands of Lake Huron touring location in July and August, as well.) Learn more.
- Maximum 12 participants per session.
- Minimum of 6 reservations are required, for the session to run.
- If you are travelling to our region to take part, we are happy to make recommendations for local accommodators.
What to bring:
See more of Sue’s work here.
Cost: $105.50 per person + HST. (Includes instruction, boat tour, lunch)
(Sauble15 codes does not apply to this tour.)